Spacebeam is a distributed open-source research & development community that conducts multidisciplinary work on distributed systems, artificial intelligence and high-performance computing.
Our Mission: provide open-source tools for play, work and science!
Our Goal: a distributed workspace environment for machines of all ages.
Our Problem: StarCraft: Brood War
The game represent a well defined environment with a number of interesting challenges on:
- Information gathering
- Machine reasoning
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Domain knowledge exploitation
Simplicity and principles
Simplicity means that the basic principles of your system, the underlying basic principles on which everything is built should be very simple.
- Let it crash.
- Functions are a form of objects.
- Message passing and function calling are analogous.
- Asynchronous message passing is necessary for non-blocking systems.
- Selective receive allow to ignore messages uninteresting now.
Team up with artists that spawn network resources where you'll find new tools and information models.
To achieve our goal we focus on general-purpose strategies that networks learn from experience on different challenges and environments.